Partnership with the Universidad Autonoma de Ciudad Juarez
A unique partnership between UTEP and the Universidad de Autonoma de Ciudad Juarez (UACJ) promotes bi-national education and research in social work. Social Work students from both sides of the border can participate in:
- a social work student exchange program,
- a practicum placement at an agency in Juarez,
- UACJ students can be placed at an El Paso agency,
- a collaborative research project on family violence and violence against women in El Paso and Juarez, and
- a bi-national forum on family violence.
UTEP students and faculty also make regular field trips to Juarez and work closely with the Programa de Trabajo Social at the Universidad Autonoma de Ciudad Juarez to promote social work education in this bi-national metropolitan area.