|TITLE 22||EXAMINING BOARDS|
|PART 34||TEXAS STATE BOARD OF SOCIAL WORKER EXAMINERS|
|CHAPTER 781||SOCIAL WORKER LICENSURE|
|SUBCHAPTER D||LICENSES AND LICENSING PROCESS|
|RULE §781.406||Required Documentation of Qualifications for Licensure|
(a) Application form. An applicant for licensure must submit a completed official application form with all requested information.
(b) Education verification.
- (1) The applicant's education must be documented by official college transcripts from social work educational units accredited by CSWE.
- (2) Degrees for licensure as an LBSW or LMSW must be from programs accredited or in candidacy for accreditation by CSWE. (Current written verification of a program's CSWE candidacy status must be on file with the board.) College or university degrees from outside of the United States and its territories must be from programs judged by the CSWE to be equivalent to a CSWE accredited program in the United States.
- (1) An applicant's experience for licensure or for specialty recognition must meet the requirements of §781.401 of this title (relating to Qualifications for Licensure), §781.402 of this title (relating to Clinical Supervision for LCSW and Non-Clinical Supervision for LMSW-AP and Independent Practice Recognition), and §781.404 of this title (relating to Recognition as a Board-approved Supervisor and the Supervision Process). The applicant must document the names and addresses of supervisors; beginning and ending dates of supervision; job description; and average number of hours of social work activity per week. The applicant must further document the appropriate supervision plan and verification form, both approved by the board, for each practice location. If any elements described in the supervision plan change, including but not limited to work hours, full- or part-time work status, location of supervision, or name of supervisor, the applicant must submit the appropriate verification form within 30 days of the change or supervision termination. The applicant must submit a new, complete supervision plan for board approval within 30 days of beginning the new supervision agreement.
- (2) The applicant's experience must have been in a position providing social work services, under the supervision of a qualified supervisor, with written evaluations to demonstrate satisfactory performance.
- (3) Supervised experience must have occurred within the five calendar years immediately preceding the date of application.
- (4) The applicant must maintain and upon request, provide to the board documentation of employment status, pay vouchers, or supervisory evaluations.
(e) Jurisprudence examination. Applicants for a license must complete the board's jurisprudence examination and submit proof of completion at the time of application. The jurisprudence examination must have been completed no more than six months prior to the date of application.
Source Note: The provisions of this §781.406 adopted to be effective January 27, 2011, 36 TexReg 242